-->

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Blood Bowl Chaos Beastmen - WIP 1

Today I'm starting with a project that was brewing in my head since April at least - a very bizarre Chaos Blood Bowl team. Long have I admired all the brilliant conversions inspired by the Inq28 style, Lost&Damned books, medieval, baroque art, and many more - creating a blend when there's no place for common sense or logic. I never had any good excuse to try doing something similar - until I realized that the simple roster for the Chaos Chosen team would be a perfect canvas for such an endeavor. Such a take on Blood Bowl is not very common, which was an additional plus.  

I am starting with the beastmen - slowly, those kitbashes take much more time than I'm willing to admit. There are a lot of them and their ruleset is simple - some hands to handle the ball and horns, everything else is up for a conversion - a perfect canvas for my menagerie! The one on the left is probably the one that started it all - a running Chaos Giant's head. The conversion was simple and the addition of helmet easily makes this model 'sporty'. At first, I intended for his hand to emerge from his mouth, but I had others with this trick planned and that would interfere with the mask. So, he got thin limbs with arthropod joints dangling about as he runs about.  

The one on the right was invented when I was trying out all the bits that I bought for this project - I wanted a lizardman head on a buff torso - because beastmen shouldn't be only goats! Thin legs from a ghoul came much, much later - they serve as a nice deformed contrast with the rest of the body. Stay tuned for more.

6 comments:

  1. Pokazałeś chyba najlepsze wykorzystanie głowy giganta, ofc poza doklejeniem jej gigantowi ;)
    Jest potencjał!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, to dobry komplement! Dzięki!
      A głowy gigantów są w ogóle super, mam ich jeszcze kilka i sporo pomysłów na nie!

      Delete
  2. Great conversions - it's as if Hieronymus Bosch took to the pitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, this is exactly what I was going for! Thanks! :) Stay tuned for more very soon!

      Delete
  3. Doskonałe wykorzystanie głowy gianta. Ten drugi kojarzy mi się ze "złymi" z żółwi ninja :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ano rzeczywiście trochę tak wyszedł ;) Dzięki!

      Delete