-->

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Blood Bowl Horticulturalist of Nurgle - WIP

The third character that I kitbashed for my Nurgle Blood Bowl team as a member of the staff, we've had a doctor, the coach - so now there comes the wizard!

Just like Dark Elves and Chaos Chosen before, Nurgle also got their own specific wizard - he's called a Horticulturalist and he's themed heavily around plants and farming. I looked through the range of fantasy minis and I found good old Festus to be the best match for such a character. Still, there was a lot of converting to be done - and now I can say he definitely earns his own post here, it's not that much of a padding as before.

I cut off his staff to turn it into a shovel, he got himself a straw hat, the box on his back is filled with some extra veggies, there are 2 toothy plants behind him on the base, as well as maggots, a buried head and more veggies. Besides that, the poor sod he gives his drink to, he got converted too, so now he has proper pants and a baseball cap - I intend to paint him as a referee.

This one should be fun to paint.

6 comments:

  1. Good work and great sculpting as ever! Do you have to take your models apart for painting, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! I try to avoid as much as possible, I hate glueing stuff after it's painted. This one wll be painted as he is and I am already worried about reaching some spots ;) Still, I try to think that if it's hard to reach it's probably also hard to see.

      Delete
    2. That's interesting - I wondered if you painted models like this in different pieces. Don't worry, though, I'm sure he'll look brilliant!

      Delete
  2. I kapelusz, i roślinki porzeźbione znakomicie.

    ReplyDelete