-->

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Zombie Legion - Undead Stegadon

Part of the Zombie Legion

And by the end of November 2017, I managed to finish painting the undead stegadon - you can find the WIP post HERE.

The beast being hollow inside, with all the zombies on top made it quite difficult to paint - it's really a wonder I managed to avoid sticking one of those pikes in my eye. I had some problems deciding what color should it's skin be - green would fit well, because most of my undead are green and red seemed like the obvious choice, but I was worried about it making the gore stand out less - and blue was also an option. In the end, I painted him this dirty reddish hue - somehow I wasn't able to envision him different than red - some strange stubbornness on my part. In hindsight, I think I could have tried harder making its skin less flat and maybe give those zombies uniforms in similar colors - but then I remember that it's part of a zombie horde and he looks good enough for that.


Nobody really knows how the giant carcass of a Lustrian stegadon managed to make its way into Kislev, but it didn't really matter - Constantin happily added it to his zombie horde, making it the crowning piece of his morbid collection. Mimicking the lizardmen way of combat, some zombies are ordered on top of it, but that's mostly just for show - they are not capable enough of both staying on top of the beast and fighting back. To add to that, this rotting behemoth is just a slow, lumbering wall of flesh - barely capable of dealing any real damage. All that doesn't matter though, for it is hellishly resilient and capable of stopping almost everything in its tracks and helped the varsavian vampires many times. It makes for excellent surprises too - vampires love the look on their enemies' faces when that beast arrives on the battlefield in the middle of a Varsavian forest.

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! Nice concept and a terrific conversion!

    ReplyDelete