-->

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Iakob the Savage - WIP

After Havel, here I am with even more vampires! Just a conversion WIP though.

Back when WFB was a thing, there was a possibility to build a vampire character that's a murdermachine and melee and yet possesses the ability to use magic from the Lore of the Beasts. Thanks to the vampires' unique rules, they could retain their powers while using the spell that transformed them into monsters. A mountain chimera in this context was stupidly overpowered. Of course, it cost a lot and was very easy to counter, so nobody used it seriously. Still, I loved this idea so much that I wanted to at least model a vampire to fit that description, a powerful barbarian just barely containing his inner beast. And after that, of course, the transformed versions...

This is my take on this. The model is based on a Khorne Exalted Deathbringer from GW. I redid quite a lot with him, I expected this conversion to be much easier, but the ideas just kept coming. Because I'm using the same head as the one on Gavros, I kept his ears small and sculpted some weird tendril hair on his previously bald head. I'm really unsure if I like it... if it's bad after getting some paint, I'll just rip it off.

It's a miracle I managed to fit him on a proper 20x20mm base!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dzięki :) Zobaczymy teraz jak z malowaniem :)

      Delete
  2. Great work, as ever! I like his tendril hair. It's weird, but it looks suitably feral. I look forward to seeing him painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still not sure how should I tackle those tendrils, so I'm also excited for painting him :)

      Delete
  3. Intrygujący, nieoczywisty model. Ciekaw jestem, jak to wyjdzie w malowaniu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dzięki! Teraz czekam aż mróz zejdzie żeby sprayem machąć, sam też jestem ciekaw co z tego wyjdzie.

      Delete