-->

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Knight of the Realm #04

Yet more of the same, kind of anyway.

Third knight painted during this run and the complexity just rises together with me remembering again how to paint. The color scheme for this one is taken from the coat of arms of Venice (or at least the one that appears in Europa Universalis). I decided to paint him with some extra ornaments, waves and little flowers on the blue fields - because I like Venice, I like this "Venetian Knight" and wanted to go extra mile for him. Also to test out some freehands.

I took a different approach with yellow, so unlike the previous knight, this is quite vibrant. Blue also turned out pretty nice, I am very glad with the color scheme here. It's only a shame I forgot that the heraldic beast in Bretonnia are supposed to be facing the front of the horse and be mirrored on two sides of the barding... I'll remember it next time.

7 comments:

  1. Love the scabbard in particular. Yellows are much more vibrant this time indeed, still beautiful though. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nothing bad with being a vibrant Bretonnian ;) I have another Bretonnian project later, where I will have them grimdark and dirty, this can go both ways!

      Delete
  2. Równie dobry co poprzednie. Czekam z niecierpliwością na zdjęcie grupowe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam się nie mogę doczekać aż będę miał cały oddział, tylko muszę wpierw sztandar popełnić, a z tymi mam ambitne plany ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Szanuję poziom detalu i powtarzalność tychże na różnych powierzchniach. Brawo.

      Delete
    2. Dzięki! Szkoda tylko, że GW utrudniło tą powtarzalność, bo wszystkie te elementy w ogóle nie są zgodne ze sobą nawzajem ;)

      Delete