-->

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Knight of the Realm #01

Ok, here it is, the first painted model after the break. First cats over the fences, as we say here in Poland. Nothing too fancy, your usual Bretonnian fare with the blues and reds. I have more of them started on my desk, but I'm not even trying to batch paint those guys, I want them really diverse, so different hues all over them are more than welcome - they will be coming here soon.

Another big success, I managed to do a proper photo setup. I can take pics at night and in a controlled environment, sparing me the excessive editing to make the background look consistent. The shadows are a little stronger than I'd like, but that's a good exchange. Perhaps I'll try to texture the background somehow? We'll see.

Also, I'm not even trying to write a backstory for every single one of those dudes. Does anyone even still read those?

15 comments:

  1. Superb! Great to see this blog back in action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm also glad I got the ball rolling :D

      Delete
  2. Fajny rycerz. Cały oddział będzie świetnie wyglądał.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dzięki! Mam nadzieję, że nie przesadzę z tym jak bardzo mają być niepodobni do siebie ;)

      Delete
  3. A wonderfully painted miniature. Personally speaking that Polish saying about the first cat over the fence made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Translated idioms are most often a lot of fun ;P

      Delete
  4. Yep still reading. Stop looking for reasons to procrastinate :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, didn't expect you here! Good to see! I still intend to do the backstories, but only for the champions and other such important pieces ;)

      Delete
  5. Ważne, żeby backstories nie zabierały za dużo czasu na malowanie (no chyba, że ich pisanie cieszy Cię tak bardzo jak ciapanie). Ludek profeska i zdjęcie też. Mi na powtarzalność zrobiło trzaskanie rawów w stałym, sztucznym oświetleniu nocą w parze z zapisanymi parametrami obróbki w darmowym Darktable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Czasem backstory mam napisane na kilka miesięcy do przodu, czasem na siłę je wciskam chwilę przed publikacją, bywa różnie ;)

      Sam mam teraz podobny setting. Może cień tylko za figurką wciąż za ciemny, muszę coś z tym wymyślić, może gdzieś mam jakiś pergamin, albo lustro...

      Delete
    2. Pewnie lampka puszczona od góry przez blendę załatwiłaby sprawę, ale w mojej ocenie cień nie przeszkadza.

      Delete
    3. Racja, lepiej się do niego przyzwyczaić, niż jeszcze bardziej komplikować setting zdjęciowy ;D

      Delete
  6. Very nice - I like the bright colours and the freehand.

    ReplyDelete