-->

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Knight of the Realm #02 & #03

Now I'm back with yet another Bretonnian knight - or two, to be precise.

You see, this one was black & yellow - and when he was done, I wanted to compare him with one of the first Bretonnians I ever painted, also in the same color scheme. Putting the quality of the painting aside, I was really surprised how dull and unsaturated my yellow turned out this time. In 2008 the color is vibrant and striking - and the one from today, well, it seems all the grim darkness of all my "recent" works really changed my perception of yellow. I will try to adjust it for the next guy, but this one will stay as it is, I enjoy having them all mismatched.

8 comments:

  1. Bardzo fajnie wyszedł Ci koński łeb. No i teraz musisz trochę podciągnąć tego starszego rycerza aby nie odstawał poziomem od najnowszego :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dzięki! Generalnie wolę malowac nowe rzeczy, niż przemalowywać, więc na razie zostaje :P Poza tym to zawsze jakieś świadectwo dawnego malowania... szkoda, że nie zostało mi nic z 2001r...

      Delete
  2. Ćwicz ćwicz, widać delikatny progres... ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dzięki dzięki! Po takim czasie to trochę zobowiązuje :D

      Delete
  3. At first glance the old one is striking, but my eyes could drink in the new one all day. It's stunning! What an incredible evolution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freehandy, i żółty na tym nowym prima sort. Się kolega przez tę parę lat pięknie rozwinął.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tego mogłem się spodziewać, że sprany żółty przypadnie Ci do gustu ;) Teraz mam już trochę inne podejście do tego koloru.

      Delete