-->

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Blood Bowl Chaos Blockers - WIP 1

With the beastmen done, it's time for the Blockers. They are the four Champions of Chaos that brought their own retinues to form a Blood Bowl team, so they are getting a lot of attention. I am probably overdoing them, they take a lot of time to be done, so I'll be posting them one at a time. Still, I think they deserve it and I'm quite happy with my progress so far.

The first one is probably the simplest - the Marble One. He is a reinvention of an idea back from high school, when I wanted have a Tzeentch champion, whose Chaos Armor manifested as marble skin - soft and nimble when moving, hard and cold when struck. To show off something like that, I wanted a lot of exposed skin with sculpture-like muscles, so I bought myself a Kairic Acolyte body. Sadly, it was way too small for an imposing Champion of Chaos - so I cut the body into pieces, lenghtened it and then basically sculpted the whole body over the original plastic. Trying to sculpt a realistic musculature was a first time for me and I learned a little bit, which is always nice. The head was supposed to be simply helmeted at first, but then I got inspired by the eerie and beautiful marble mines found IRL - so he sports some interlocking blocks of stone for a head, with two little, strange eyeholes.

Painting him will surely be an interesting challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Szacuneczek za dorzeźbienie sześciopaka za akolitę i ogólny soulsowo-silenthillowy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dzięki! Faktycznie trochę takie klimaty wyszły, choć niekoniecznie świadomie ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that looks incredible, is he going to be representing the new BB2020 Iron Hard Skin mutation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still only vaguely aware of the changes in the new edition, but when I'll move them there, he'll probably get it - together with the second blocker too, of course ;)

      Delete