-->

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Artwork - Varsavian Idol Constructs, Concept

Another 'filler' that I prepared a long time ago for a time when I won't be able to post regularly - I guess now it's the time.

Here is a concept that I drew for my own take on the Ushabti from the Tomb Kings range, as a part of my adaptation of their units to fit my Vampire Counts army in an unified legion, kinda like I already did with the Necrosphinx and the Carrion.

I actually remember coming up with this idea in 2016 - to take the Slavic idol statues that I use pretty often on my bases - and build whole walking constructs around them, creating patinated, ramshackle versions of the pretty constructs from Khemri. It's actually quite sad that I didn't manage to even start those things - but the amount of scratchbuilding needed encourages me every time to rather try something else. Now that the concept artwork is in the open, I have fewer excuses! Now I just need some time.

6 comments:

  1. Całkiem ciekawa koncepcja. Kiedy wejdzie w życie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chciałbym jak najprędzej, ale taki projekt wymaga dużo więcej czasu niż obecnie jestem w stanie poświęcić! ;) Kiedyś na pewno!

      Delete
  2. Ossiarch Bonereapers zanim było modne ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sporo miałem pomysłów na kościane konstrukty, więc nawet spodobał mi się koncept na Ossiarchów, ale niestety trochę przesadzili jak dla mnie - będę musiał sam zrobić ;)

      Delete
    2. Cieszy mnie w gruncie rzeczy ich dążenie do tworzenia unikalnych, "copyrightowalnych" designów. Na przykład Kharadron Overlords to w mojej ocenie majstersztyk. Ossiarch Bonereapers to - zgadzam się - przesada i przykład przekombinowania i "overdesignu". Trzeba wybierać tam pojedyncze elementy, które nie są przegięte (zostawiać na przykład jedną trzecią rąk). Szkoda, po koncept teoretycznie atrakcyjne. Szczerze wierzę, że zrobisz to lepiej.

      Delete
    3. Też muszę im przyznać, że akurat oryginalności nie można im odmówić, zwłaszcza te nowe elfy - szkoda tylko, że idzie to zupełnie nie w moje klimaty ;) Przynajmniej nie powiększa mi się dzięki temu backlog!

      Delete