-->

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Pegasus Knight #02

Switching a bit, we're back to pegasi.

This one is a unit champion - and when I was painting him back then, I was really into this small obscure book series called A Song of Ice and Fire. Inspired by that, I converted and painted him to emulate Robert Baratheon, with the big hammer, yellow color scheme and antlers on the helmet. Perhaps now, after the series, I would choose something else, but he still works quite well like that.

A big change from the original model was to turn the wings downwards - idea taken from GW's site, back when they still had hobby articles! This not only would make the whole unit more varied, but also allows them to actually fit together in a unit. Then, to bring even more variation to the model, I painted the horse itself in a brown color scheme, more like a sparrow than a swan. I think it makes them more realistic.

Just like the previous pegasus knight, I gave him quite a lifting right now, updating the base, adding deeper shading and sharper highlights. This is also as many as I managed to paint when I was younger. There are 4 more and I will tackle them now from scratch, once the weather outside will allow to me to put some spray on them!

5 comments:

  1. Świetny, bardzo podobają mi się pióra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Baratheon we własnej osobie :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja wiem, że takich rzeczy nie wypada mówić, ale podstawka jest przepiękna :D (I żółcie, i brązy zresztą też wspaniałe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej, na podstawce chyba najbardziej się starałem, więc jak najbardziej jest ok ;) Dzięki!

      Delete