-->

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Azulejos wooden mannequin

While I have new stuff painted, I haven't got the time to make photos, so here we go with some older filler - a bit off-topic, but better than nothing, right?

Some time ago I decided to keep the knick-knacks in the living room in a white and blue color scheme. I got rid of some old ones, got new ones and repainted others. This is one of them, a cheap, small (~20cm high) wooden mannequin that I painted to resemble artwork found on azulejo tilework, a motive I absolutely adore. I even coated it with gloss varnish to make the glazed ceramic effect more convincing. The whole project turned into quite a freehand, so I decided to share it here.

If I was a daring person, I would field it as a Lord of Change and start a very weird Tzeentch army.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's fantastic freehand. I could see it as a really unsettling greater daemon. It's great painting and I really like the porcelain feel of the blue on white. Weirdly creepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you like it! Maybe I'll do something more traditional-sized in this style :)

      Delete
  2. That's fantastic! An amazing bit of work. And yes, you absolutely should field it in a game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It just maybe needs a nicer base before that! ;)

      Delete