-->

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Daremnych the Great Liche Priest - WIP

A small conversion work. Miniature from the Avatars of War range, one called the 'Necromancer Lord'. He was sculpted by Gary Morley, the author of the infamous oldschool Nagash model - and seeing how this model looks, it's safe to say that this one is a much subtler reimagining of that old clown. I bought the miniature because I found it really cool, even if I didn't have absolutely any use for him on the battlefield - there are no necromancers or wights in WFB or AoS that big! Still, he'll be a good excuse in my background to greatly expand on the wights and the rest of the 'Ancients' subfaction.

As cool as this model is, I needed him to fit the aesthetics of my other wights, make him more Slavic and get rid of the 'mysterious eye' symbols that were all over him. To achieve that, I gave him a pointy crown/helmet and added much more Slavic iconography. I also scratchbuilt a new sword scabbard for him, as the original one was way too weird and fantastic for me.

Also, only on the photos, I noticed that the needle in his helmet is showing - I need to fix it up! His dagger is also missing here, but I still need to consider if I need it at all.

EDIT: The finished model can be seen HERE.

A single Necromancer Lord miniature from Avatars of War, sculpted by Gary Morley, on a square base, converted to be used as powerful Liche character in WFB or AoS. The whole miniature is made out of metal, with converted elements visible as white plasticard and green greenstuff. The whole model is seen from several angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment