-->

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Orc Warboss on Boar - WIP

Continuing the theme of old minis, here I am with another classic greenskin. This one is extra special!

While I sold off most of my oldest collection when I was needing the money, this one I kept, because it's the very first model that I bought for WFB. While I had to scour many old toy boxes in search for parts, I was able to get most of him - which makes me very happy, I am a sucker for authenticity.

Of course, that didn't mean I would change a thing about him - it's like architectural restoration of an old ruin, some parts could be improved upon. The shield was lost, so I got him a fancier one, as well as the boar's tail and tusks. I also wasn't a fan of the original fur texture on the pig, so I sculpted it anew - to suggest that it's a very venerable mount, like the mini itself! Original standard pole was also lost, so I improvised something similar and added a plasticard banner as well (I never liked those paper ones that were popular back then).

The base is still in old size, as I am waiting for official ones in the right size. The painting will probably wait comfortably until The Old World is released.

4 comments:

  1. He looks great! I know what you mean about the pig - GW seems to have trouble making good boars. He looks just like the cover art on a White Dwarf I once saw. I really like the chunky style of these guys. The tusks are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dzik jezd dziki, dzik jezd zły!
    A orki som jeszcze gorsze! ;)

    Świetna konwersja!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work on the boar. The fur the tusks, its certainly the biggest baddest in forest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bardziej w klimacie niż klimaciarskie ludki z tamtych lat :) Konwersje w punkt.

    ReplyDelete